Ever wondered if you can get a breast pump through your health insurance? Well, I have got great news for you because you can. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) makes it possible for the insurers to cover breast pumps and other supplies.
Working mothers would know the usefulness of breast pumps. Even moms that work from home and stay at home mom still see the need for breast pumps. We cant be glued to our babies 24hours of the day and they definitely need their feed.
By now you know that there are different types of breast pump, you can get to serve your purpose. Even if it is hands free breast pump through insurance you need and you are low on funds or just need to get your breast pump through insurance cover, Here is a step-to-step guide on how to get your breast pump through your health insurance;
How to get a Breast Pump through Health Insurance
- Contact your insurance company: The best time to call your insurance company is while you are still pregnant, so you will be prepared before the baby arrives. I will recommend you call during your third trimester.
- Ask questions: Now here are some important questions you should pen down before putting a call through to your insurance company;
- Do you cover the cost of buying or renting a breast pump?
- What point in my pregnancy are I eligible for this benefit?
- What type of breast pump do you cover?
- Do I need a doctor’s prescription, if yes where and how do I send it?
- Where can I get my breast pump
- Do you cover hospital grade pumps?
- Consider the various types of breast pump: We have different types of breast pumps like the double-electric pumps, the single-electric breast pumps, battery-operated breast pumps and the manual breast pump. It is best you do a little research so you know the very type of breast pumps and the one that suits your purpose.
- Order your pump: with all these important information you have gathered; you will know the best way to order your breast pump.
Once you follow this simple instruction you will be able to get your desired breast pump through insurance. You need not worry anymore about breast feeding your baby on the go.