Wondering why you need to learn how to install an inverter yourself?. Due to the deteriorating power supply in the country lots of home owners are forced to embrace generator sets. Which also has its own problems ranging from the initial cost of buying one, maintenance, fueling, durability, noise pollution, air pollution, the list goes on.
There comes the inverter system. It has become a must have in every home. Its is mostly used as a backup option in most homes. The need to learn how to install an inverter yourself becomes very important. It will make life easier for you especially in a country like Nigeria.
Having an inverter is one thing knowing how to install it is another. This is why you have to take this lesson seriously.
Today we would be installing an LG 1.5kva inverter. Before you get excited and start working on your inverter, here is a list of what to do:
- Know the capacity of your inverter and calculate the amount of load to be allocated
- Power source
- A working Inverter
- Sound batteries
Know the capacity of your inverter and calculate the amount of load to be allocated
We are installing a 1.5kva inverter capacity in a two bed room apartment. Please be informed that the more load allocated to the inverter, the less efficient the inverter relative to time. That is to say, A 1.5ka inverter given a load capacity of 700w should backup for 9-12hrs. But when you allocate a load capacity of 1300w to a 1.5kva inverter, trust me you would get a very poor backup time. I recommend a 60% load allocation.
After you have considered the amount of load to allocate to the inverter, the next thing to do is choose a suitable location. When choosing a location you would have to consider the following:
- It must be placed in an area with free space around it.
- The location should be moisture and water free.
- Keep away from hazardous and flammable material.
- The location must be dry and free from direct sunlight.
- It must be easily accessible.
- Having a spot that is airy is also important.
How to install an inverter yourself
Installing a 1.5kva inverter is less complicated because it involves just an inverter and two batteries.
- The batteries should connected in series by looping the positive and the negative terminal with a jumper cable before connecting it to the inverter with a low resistance cable.
- To install the inverter, place the inverter assembly on top of the main housing chassis in such a way that the inverter faces forward. Remember to remove power at the electricity board meter of the home.
- Now connect one end of the electrical cable from the double-pole switch lighting circuit and connect the other end of the electrical cable to the provided IEC connector, and then to the rear panel Input connector on the Inverter Assembly.
- Connect one end of the electrical cable from the load and connect the other end of the electrical cable to the provided IEC connector, and then to the rear panel Output connector on the Inverter Assembly.
- You will also need to connect the wiring harness from the batteries to the rear panel input connector of the Inverter.
- After this, turn on power at the Electricity Board Meter then at the Double-Pole Switch Lighting Circuit. The inverter will be switched on automatically.
These information should be enough for you to know how to install an inverter yourself in 5 minutes but if you are unsure please contact us or contact a professional.