When preparing a registry for your baby shower or a list of items to get before the baby arrives you will discover there is one thing that always comes up, it is the baby crib. You cant think of welcoming your bundle of joy without planning for where he will sleep.
A baby crib is a very important item to get before the baby arrives and if you are a parent that wants the best for your child, you should consider getting the best baby crib available. A good crib helps your infant sleep well.
The crib also gives the baby comfort as well as the parent. Therefore you should consider not only getting a good crib but the best crib. When you talk of esthetics the best baby crib also give that. There are too many advantage in getting the best baby crib for you to overlook it. Before we get to our list of the best baby crib here are some things you need to know.
Types Of Baby Cribs
Before you make that purchase of crib or think of inheriting the crib your parents used, you should know that there are different types of baby cribs and not all might be ideal for here. Below are the different types of baby cribs.
1. Standard Crib: The standard crib is the traditional baby bed. It is cozy and comfortable and the first bed an infant is introduced to after he comes from the hospital. They come in the regular shape and design and some have a hinged side to enable parents easily lift their child from the bed. A standard crib can be used for any number of children a parent might think of having.
2. Convertible Crib: Like the name implies a convertible crib is built to last your infant through to teen stage. It is known as a lifetime crib and can be converted from a crib to a teen bed when the child grows to that stage. It is a good investment if you intend to use one bed for your child without thinking of buying another.
3. Mini or Portable crib: It is a small infant bed that can only last for a short period of time. Therefore if you have limited space, limited resources or don’t intend to use a mini bed for a long time then this is a good option for you.
How To Choose The Best Baby Crib
If knowing the different types of baby crib has got you confused on what to buy. Here is a guide on how to choose the best baby crib for your baby.
- Space: The space you have in your house for your newborn would go along way to determine the type of crib you will get. If the baby has his own room and it is spacious enough to take a whole crib then by all means go for that. You can use a measuring tape to map out the size you desire before shopping for one. There are some baby crib that are large enough to fit into an apartment while there are others that are small and can occupy little space.
- Shape: The regular shape of a baby crib is rectangle but there are others which are stylishly designed. Some are oval and some are Cocoon-like round. The down side to this type of crib is that you will have to find special shaped bedsheets and mattress to fit into them.
- Long Term Use: Do you intend to use the baby crib long term?. will the baby crib be converted to a toddler bed later in the future. If you intend to use the crib long term then you should consider getting a convertible crib. If it will only serve as a baby bed then you can get the standard crib.
- Casters: It is good to consider having wheels on your crib. Most portable and mini cribs have wheels on them which makes them mobile. These days regular standard cribs are now built with wheels on them giving them mobility. It is a good feature to have on your baby crib as its purpose is unlimited.
- Mattress Support: Usually most cribs come with wooden slat base and when your child comes of age there is a possibility that he can break it with all the jumping around a toddler does. For security and safety it is better to get a metal spring to serve as a mattress support. It will avert any accident that might happen with your child on the bed.
Best Baby Cribs
Best Convertible Baby Crib
Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib
|Product Dimensions||58.5″L x 33.25″W x 6.75″H|
|Maximum weight recommendation||50 Pounds|
The main advantage of buying the Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Crib is that it can be converted to a toddler bed when your child reaches that stage. This crib has three position mattress height adjustment which allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand.
It was constructed to last as the crib was made using strong and sturdy wood construction. This crib can be converted to a full size bed with headboard. Parents can spend time with their babies as there is room for them to snuggle up.
This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM. It has also been checked for any toxic element and certified safe for use. It also fits the standard crib mattress which you can be separately.
Best Travel Crib
BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light
|Style||Travel Crib Light|
|Item Weight||0.39 Ounces|
|Product Dimensions||44″L x 24″W x 32″H|
The BabyBjörn Travel Crib Light is the best travel crib parents can buy. This crib is lightweight and can be carried easily to any destination you wish to take it to. It is simple to set up, once open it can be mounted with ease.
It is foldable, therefore you can fold it and pack with you after use. This crib has a Soft and comfy mattress. Your baby can go to sleep easily on this crib. The mattress is designed particularly for comfort. It is a plus that it is made with High-resilient PU foam.
Parents can easily watch their babies while they sleep on this crib because the crib has an airy design that allows easy supervision. Also the crib is made of removable materials that can be washed in the washing machine.
Best Mini Crib
Dream On Me Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib
|Brand||Dream On Me|
|Item Weight||64.5 Pounds|
This crib is the best option for you if what you desire is a mini crib with storage space. The Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib and Changer can serve as a baby bed and changer. It can also be converted into a mini daybed and twin-size bed.
It’s small size makes its ideal for small spaces. The crib comes with a detachable 3-drawer changing table therefore you can decide to place it together with the crib or keep it separately close to the bed. This detachable 3 in one drawer can be used to keep babies essentials. It is a good storage space for parents.
The mattress for the crib is sold separately and can be bought after the purchase of the crib. While you make an aftermarket purchase of the mattress ,the crib has an 1″ OEM Mattress pad for support. This crib is definitely one of the best baby crib available.
Best Wooden Crib
DaVinci Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
|Item Weight||31 Pounds|
DaVinci Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib has four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. It is made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process.
This crib can easily be converted to a toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed. It’s non-toxic finish makes it very safe for your baby and the environment. It has a simplistic look which gives your baby’s room the feel of more space.
DaVinci Union 4-in-1 Convertible Crib is a standard size regular crib which is compactable with DaVinci’s line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD Gold, waterproof mattresses. The mattress you can buy separately in aftersales. This crib is the best crib for those who are environmentally conscious.
Best 5-in-1 Baby Crib
Graco Hadley 5-in-1 Convertible Crib
|Style||Crib with Drawer|
|Material||High-Quality Pine Wood and Composites|
|Item Weight||65.63 Pounds|
The Graco Hadley 5-in-1 Convertible Crib has multiple functions. It can be used as a baby crib and also converted to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed with headboard and optional footboard. It requires assembly of its parts but it is easily doable.
This crib comes with a full size storage drawer with two compartments, allowing you to conveniently store and organize your nursery items and essentials. The crib was crafted with sustainable New Zealand pine wood, engineered wood and wood composites.
There are Euro drawer glides with packaging tested to reduce the risk of incidental damage that could occur in transit. It also has Adjustable mattress support base with three different height options. The bed is designed to fit any standard full-size crib and toddler mattress. Parents can use this crib for their infants and till when the child can easily climb out or is taller than 35in.
Best Modern Crib
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
|Material||New Zealand pine wood|
|Item Weight||53 Pounds|
This crib is the most modern crib you can find in the market. It is a best seller which has a turned-out foot, rounded spindle design. The crib also has an open silhouette which makes it unique and stylish. It is made of solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available.
The crib is also convertible and adjustable as parents can use it on their children from the infant stage to toddle stage. It can also function as a daybed and there are conversion kits available to make this transition possible.
This bed also has low profile design and four adjustable mattress positions which makes it easy to put your new born to sleep. As for the finishing the bed was made with a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process which contributes to a cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
Most Affordable Baby Crib
Dream On Me Violet 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib
|Brand||Dream On Me|
|Item Weight||30 Pounds|
The Dream On Me Violet 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is one of the most affordable convertible crib you can find. This crib cost around $159.99 on Amazon as at September 2022. It is a multi function crib that can be used as an infant bed, a mini daybed and twin-size bed. The components to make multi function are sold separately.
This crib has a minimalist flowing design and it is made of solid pinewood. It is best for parents who have limited space in their apartment as it doesn’t take up much space. The crib has a 3-position adjustable mattress height setting for adaptability.
There is a mattress pad attached to it when you buy it but you would have to purchase the mattress separately in aftersales. The perfect mattress advisable to use on this crib is the non-toxic, Greenguard Gold certified mini or portable crib mattress.
When you want to purchase baby crib, you should consider all the variables mentioned in this post. You should also consider any of the options listed above as they are the best baby crib in the market.